Disclaimer: I received a Sterling Helmet from Rudy Project to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
If you read my post about doing my first triathlon a few weeks ago, then you know I have just gotten into road biking. With this newfound sport, there is a lot of gear to go along with it! It is not an inexpensive hobby.
I purchased a used bike and then had to get fitted, get clip in shoes, buy a bike pump, lights, bike shorts, a jersey. It all adds up. A helmet is a very important part of biking on the road. I want to make sure I am protecting my head and brain. When I started road biking I was riding with a helmet I have had for over 10 years. It wasn’t fitting right and was causing me neck problems by constantly trying to see out from under it.
This is where Rudy Project came in. I received their Sterling helmet the week before my triathlon and could not have been more excited. I’ve always believed that no helmet is attractive, and while I still somewhat believe that, this helmet is pretty sleek! It looks great when it’s not making my head look two sizes too big. You know what though? I’ll take the helmet look any day over scrambled brains! And every helmet does this, it’s kind of their right.
What I love about the Sterling helmet
- Easy adjust sizing – a small dial on the back adjusts in seconds and there is no need to remove the helmet. Just turn the dial while riding if anything seems too tight or too loose.
- Comfortable fit – the padding inside cushions your head. Often helmets have a hard, uncomfortable interior, but this helmet has plenty of padding to keep headaches at bay.
- Breathability – 18 vents to keep air flowing even on the hottest of days. More airflow means your sweat will be wicked away and you can enjoy the ride.
- Color – I got the bright green and I think I am in love with the color! It’s highly visible on the road and helps keep me safer.
- Bug stop – I am not a fan of bugs, so this removable bug guard is great!
- The carrying bag – I love having a place to put my helmet and protect it when not in use. It’s the little things that make a huge difference!
Riding with Rudy Project
I have been riding with the Sterling helmet for just over three weeks. It’s been a great addition to my newfound sport! Not only do I feel like more of an accomplished cyclist, but I also barely notice when I am wearing it. It sits perfectly on my head without moving around and adjusts on the fly. I’ve gotten quite a few compliments on it already.
I am looking forward to many, many more miles with this helmet. I even hope to do another triathlon or two, maybe even a Half Ironman!
Save 25% on your own helmet
I love giving back to you guys and hooking you up with great discounts on products that I love, so right now, you can save 25% by signing up for Rudy Project’s News at this link. I’m told that signing up could get you upcoming holiday deals as well!
Be sure to check out all their great products at E-Rudy.com.
Have you tidy Rudy Project helmets before? Do you love cycling? What’s your favorite gear? Let me know in the comments below!