Disclaimer: I received a free entry to the North Olympic Discovery Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
I absolutely love racing, running and traveling to races. I was extremely excited to be a part of the North Olympic Discovery Half Marathon, until I wasn’t. Not that I wasn’t still excited about the race, I absolutely was. The problem was that I wasn’t going to be able to run it.
So many things led up to my inability to run the NODM. My feelings about this subject are still mixed. It’s a comfort to know that I will someday run this race, it’s just too good to pass up.
Running the Olympic Peninsula has been on my to-do list for awhile and I am going to make that happen, even if this year was not the year.
Reasons I Couldn’t Run the North Olympic Discovery Marathon (Half)
- I was undertrained
- Family came in from out of town and leaving for the weekend wasn’t really an option for me
- I started a new job that following Monday and didn’t want to do anything that might jeopardize great first day (like being exhauseted)
- A fourth reason that will come clear soon (watch the blog for more!)
Reasons I Will Be Running in the Future
- I do not like to leave anything unfinished. I will hold up my end of the deal with myself, Bibrave & NODM to run and share my experience, even if it may be another year away.
- The other runners I followed that weekend on social media had nothing but great things to say and the course looked amazing!
- The best reason of all – I just love running! I can’t wait to run this race soon.
While skipping out on running a race is never fun, sometimes that is just the best thing for you at the time. For me, this race unfortunately was not meant to be at this moment in time. But later on, I know it will be!
(Photos: North Olympic Discovery Marathon)